Thursday, January 6, 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star


Twinkle, twinkle, little star...how I wonder what you are.

This darling little dishcloth is not up in the sky, it can be found right here on earth--in my kitchen to be precise. It's the January CAL (crochet-a-long) with one of my groups on Ravelry. The star is a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn (you do need to register with their website but it is also free).

The pattern name is Sylvan Star and has a skill level of "easy".

The Basics:
Used a size "G" hook (US), and about 1/2 skein of I Love This Cotton! yarn (from Hobby Lobby) in Woods Print.

I really liked how quickly it worked up and the final look. With the "G" hook, it comes to 9.5 inches from point to point (top to bottom), more than adequate to swipe a counter or clean a plate. I'm adding this pattern to my "need a gift quick!" file.

As for this particular dishcloth, well, it's in my kitchen right now, ready to work. Let's face it, nothing can make washing the dishes perfect for you, but at least you can have some fun while you work!

Craft on!
Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment