Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello Kitty Earflap Hat


Here is one of my many beautiful nieces, and she is modeling the new Hello Kitty Earflap Hat I made her for Christmas.

This hat was inspired by her love of Hello Kitty and this Pinterest pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/202732420695505877/

The pattern for this hat was created by Jessica Teal and cost $3.99 (and included sizes newborn to adult).

Materials Used: I used double-strands of Caron Simply Soft in White to make the hat base. I used an "H/5.0mm" hook (Boye). The trim and bow look red in the photos, but I actually used Watermelon (Caron Simply Soft) which is a hot pink. For the eyes I used black in I Love This Yarn! by Hobby Lobby. The yellow nose is just some scrap yarn I had on hand. To make the pom-poms, I used Clover pom-pom makers (the large one).

I did make the eyes a little more "oval" than the pattern called for.

I didn't keep track of how long it took to make, sorry.


And that's one of the goodies I have to share with you. Keep an eye out for more, soon!


Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment