Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday ~ Elegant Lace Stole

Here's a beautiful wrap I made for my mom a few years back (for her birthday).



This pattern was so fast and easy to work up!   For this particular stole I used 2+ skeins of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Sea Blue (my mom loves blues).  It is a long wrap and while I didn't think it looked wide when I was working it, you can see it is plenty wide to wear!  :)

Next time I think I'll use Caron Simply Soft to give it a more "lace-like" appearance (this is actually one of the recommended yarns). Bernat Satin would work, and so would Red Heart Soft yarn.



This pattern was created by Dot Mattews and has been published in Crochetville Community and Crochet by the Hook.  Skill level is Easy.  It uses two hooks (sizes J and K) and just three simple stitches - (sc) single crochet; (ch) chain; and (dc) double crochet.

You can find this FREE pattern by clicking HERE.

Happy Handicrafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment