Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursday ~ Victorian Candy Cane Holder

Yes, I realize it's only August, but for crafters, this is the time we really start to get into heavy crafting mode so we aren't up all night on Christmas Eve finishing projects (well, at least we hope not to be!).

Here's a fun little crochet project I made a few years back our ladies' Holiday Tea.



Each person at my table had one of these candy cane covers (with mint chocolate candy cane) at their place setting with a stamped tag (my theme was "sweet" in pink and brown).  And yes, I crocheted the place mats and cup doilies as well.



These were created using Caron Simply Soft yarn in Chocolate and a size F hook.  The pattern is called Victorian Candy Cane Cover by Cylinda Mathews.  Right now it appears the link is no longer working (and I am hoping that I remembered to print this out).  If it ever does come back online and I remember, will try to share it with you.  It was free when I found it the first time.

Getting into the holiday crafting frame of mind too?   What are you making for this year's gifts or decor?

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment