Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Challenge



Can you feel the excitement?  It's almost time for the blog hop to begin.  YIPPEE!!!

I mentioned yesterday that I will be challenging myself to make at least a dozen cards in between all the activities of the weekend, and hopefully even more than that.  I've narrowed down my goal.

Last night on OWHtv, Sandy talked about her night at the scrap group and how she used an entire 6x6 pad to make a whole slew of cards.  They were great!  During the episode that aired last night she quickly whipped up two to show us how sweet and simple it is.

If you'd like to see the 101st episode, click HERE.

After watching her work, I was inspired to use the OWH Sketches and a 6x6 pad to make a bunch of Thank You/Hero cards to send in.   I plan on using the "Noah's Ark" method of using two sheets at a time (so two x twos, lol) and work my way through an entire pad of 6x6 paper.

The pad I'm using will be from Authentique and it's a 26-page bundle from the collection called PRIDE.

If...and that's a big if...I manage to get through that and want to create some more, I have another 6x6 pad from Authentique  that is also 26-page bundle but from the collection called RENEW.  I thought Pride was more in line with Memorial Day (reds/whites/blues) and the Renew set was a good one that could make feminine or masculine cards.  I'll be using Bazzill cardstock for my bases and layers.

The theme for the weekend is THANK YOU, if you want to participate too.

My goal is still 12 cards, though I would really like to get even more!

I will be using sketches from Operation Write Home to create these.  I will do at least two of each sketch I use and will post throughout the weekend.  While only one post will be linked in for the blog hop, I will update as I get going for those intrepid enough to see what I'm up to.  Just be sure to visit all the other blogs too throughout the weekend!  There is going to be some great blog candy going around and some tutorials and goodies passed out.

In fact, stay tuned for a give-away from me!

If you haven't looked at Operation Write Home's sketches, now is a great time to do so!  They have so many of them available in at least two downloadable PDF files that you can print.  The great thing about them is the majority of them have sizes of the pieces on them--not many sketches do!  I encourage you to check it out.

CHECK OUT OPERATION WRITE HOME SKETCHES HERE!!!!

So, be on the look out for my next blog post later tonight that will share details about my contest/give away and hope you take some time to look at all the fabulous blogs linked up for the hop and also to participate in your own way for Any Hero mail (see previous post for reader challenge).

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment