Monday, June 24, 2013

Kisses for Daddy Father's Day Card

Good morning!  :)   I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Ours was a lot busy and at times a bit stormy, but it was all good.  Though I do confess that I'm thankful for a "normal" pace today.  I did not get to blog about one last Father's Day card last week, so bear with me as I clear that off the to-do list.

Sentiment and image courtesy of Beary Wishes

The digi image and sentiment were both free (at time of this posting, they still are) from Kathie over at Beary Wishes.  It was too darling not too create for a daddy from his girl (even though I'm not so little anymore, lol).  Before I get carried away, big T-H-A-N-K-S to Kathie for creating this darling set and for her generosity!   :)

The base for the card (and layers) is one I had prepared from a Technique Tuesday (for Operation Write Home) on 6x6 pads.  (I have a stack here I need to finish up and post so I can mail them in one day--hopefully--soon.)

The base is Bazzill Licorice and the patterned papers are from Authentique.  I need to look up the name of the collection, but it's the one I've been using a LOT of lately.  :)  As soon as I do, will edit this post to share it.

The ribbon is simple grosgrain and the flower is from Jolees.

It was very late, so I smudged some on the oil/gray shadow with that little paper pencil nubby (yeah, technical term, lol) and not enough on other areas, but dad thought it was great and that's what matters most.

If you'd like to visit Beary Wishes to see if this digi set is still free, click HERE!

Be sure to tell Kathie I sent you and I would love to see what you do with the image.  Please link here in the comments if you create a card with this sweet girl so I can check out  your card!  :)

Until later, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment