Saturday, June 29, 2013

ODB Designs June Challenge ~ Water

I haven't created any cards since Father's Day.  I have been in sewing-on-patches-mode for my son's Royal Rangers Gold Medal of Achievement ceremony this weekend.  It is similar to the Scouts' Eagle Scout Award.  (Yay, Trey! So proud of you!)

Alas, my poor fingers needed a break from the needle and this darling bathing beauty just begged to be colored, so I set some time aside today to make this fun little card.



Isn't she sweet?

I wish I had had some Our Daily Bread Designs water images, but sadly, I don't...yet.   So instead, I used this free digi from Free Dearie Doll Digis (see link at bottom of post or click on name).

This card is for the Our Daily Bread Designs June Challenge using water.  You can find the blog post about it HERE.   Our Daily Bread Designs is so generous and helps ship boxes each month based on the number of participants in their challenges.  Last month, enough cardmakers participated that OBD shipped two boxes for Operation Write Home!  Woohoo!

About the Card:  The solid colored papers are Bazzill.  The patterned paper is actually some scrap paper I had from TPC Studio called So Delish.  The image was colored using regular colored pencils (and oil).    I struggled with placing the image so went to the trusty OWH Sketches and chose sketch number 56 (since it matched my image size).

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this inspires you to create something fun this weekend.  Now, back to the patches.

Hugs,



P.S.  Am also using this for a June OWH Mid-Week Throwdown that incorporates "water" into the card.

To visit Free Dearie Doll Digis and get your own Dearie Dolls, click HERE
To visit OWH Stars and Stamps blog, click HERE
To see the OWH Sketches, click HERE
To visit Our Daily Bread Designs website, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment